Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rough Tears Of Nostalgia

My papa’s ways of holding me makes my mom feel jittery........ In her opinion, he lacks finesse that is normally found in all dads....... she feels that my papa talks to me in a pitch that must be avoided.........Basically she lacks faith in my papa’s ability to handle me properly.........she calls him a “rough dad” and has already declared in no uncertain terms that my papa is inept at handling kids!

Well....well...well! I don’t want to be judgemental but it is a fact that I enjoy my papa’s company the most........... And now let me narrate today’s incident to help my mom see it differently -

Seated next to my papa, I was playing with my blocks while he was busy searching for his favourite old Hindi film songs on YouTube............ As soon as he played those songs, I found it difficult not to get attracted to the music and started listening them.........

So absorbing was the music, that I failed to spot tears in my father’s eyes......... but my mom did. Upon being asked about the reason for tears in his eyes, he was all praise for the power of words and the motivation and inspiration they provide............Well, I don’t understand this “power of lyrics” business yet......But my papa is thoughtful enough to post them for my viewing few years hence ........So here they come:

First one titled-“Tu Pyaar Ka Saagar Hai” from 1955 Hindi movie Seema........an emotional song sung by Manna Dey was casted as a daily prayer of a reformatory. While the prayer was on, the lead actress was trying to escape from the reformatory.......but sheer power of words makes her change her decision............

First few lines of song means – “You are an ocean of love and we are thirsty for one drop of that huge ocean........if you turn us away, we will have no option but to depart from this world”....... Now, the video



Second song titled-“ Ae maalik tere bande hum” from 1957 movie Do Aankhen Barah Haath meaning “Two Eyes & Twelve Hands” was again in the form of a prayer.

First few lines of the song means- “Oh Lord! We, your followers pray to you that our deeds be such that we always follow a righteous path and never drift away from it.......so that when we die, we die happily".......... now enjoy the video



Mom! I guess you need to reword your declaration.......Don't you think that someone who can shed tears just by listening to a song can never be rough? I am sure that you don't think those tears were "Rough Tears of Nostalgia"........tears can never be rough because they are deepest expression of inner softness.........Think!

Edited to add:- Those who cannot understand Hindi, I suggest they listen to the song keeping in mind the meaning of first few lines explained above......and, you will be able to construct the meaning of full song.....these songs will straight away touch your heart...try!

Post a Comment

SIGN MY GUESTBOOK

VOTE FOR ME

My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!

RESPECT MY CREATIVITY

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

MY PLAYLIST

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP